Why do people work at DLA Partners?
Is it because of our culture? Is it because we get to solve client problems? Is it because of career opportunities?
The answer to all of the questions above is YES!!
People are at the heart of DLA, and people are what matter to us. Whether you are a client, one of our administration staff, or an accountant forging your career in the tax arena, you are important to us. At DLA we all work together to make a positive difference in your life.
Our employees cover all age groups with many life experiences. We celebrate the diversity that they bring to the organisation. We have a great training program to enable undergraduates to work with us while still studying. Our undergrads know there is an opportunity for them to progress in their field because they are following in the footsteps of those who have gone before them. Formal and informal training is part of the job, and we support both the CA and CPA programs.
We have an active social club and our get-togethers throughout the year are fun. We work hard and we are not afraid to celebrate our wins.
We are always on the look out for innovative, proactive people, so If DLA sounds like the kind of company that you would like to build a career in, please send your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Career Opportunities
Tax & Business Services Manager (CA/ CPA Qualified Accountant)
- Tired of being Over Worked and Under Appreciated?
- Are you feeling Pigeon Holed and Aspiring for MORE?
- Self -Starter with a desire to Make your Mark?
Do you love getting to really know your clients – the business owners and their business? You’re not afraid of getting out from behind the desk – Actually going out to your clients – Becoming a TRUSTED ADVISOR? Are you ready to STEP UP and take on a challenge where you can really VALUE ADD to a TEAM?
Then you’re going to love this job…
About the Business
Why do people work at DLA Partners?
Is it because of their culture? Is it because they get to solve client problems? Is it because of career opportunities?
The answer to all of the questions above is YES!!
People are at the heart of DLA, and people are what really matter to them. Whether you are a client, one of their administration staff, or an accountant forging your career in the tax arena, you are important at DLA.
“At DLA we all work together to make a positive difference”.
DLA has built success by delivering outstanding financial solutions to assist clients to grow their businesses. Their loyal client base has been built from long term repeat business and referrals over the past 26 years. This is a testament to their reputation for providing personalised services that goes beyond their clients’ accounting requirements.
Right now we’re on the hunt for an innovative, proactive and driven Tax & Business Services Manager to join the DLA team based at Aspley. You will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients, managing the work flow, efficiencies, billing and helping to develop junior accountants as well as growing the business even further.
You’re still reading this so let’s assume you love what you’re seeing! Let’s also assume that the following applies to you:
- You have at least 8 years experience in tax/business service compliance
- You’re a GURU at providing advice on a large range of tax matters, tax planning and business consulting over a broad industry base
- You’re committed to continuing professional development to ensure your advice is accurate and timely
DLA Managers ARE INSTRUMENTAL in building relationships with their clients and becoming trusted advisors to their business. Therefore, you’re passionate about REALLY getting to know the business owners and their businesses. We are looking for someone who is NOT AFRAID to get out from behind the desk – Get to see your clients and their workplaces – Promote the advice you can provide as well as the value-add services DLA Partners offers.
What’s on Offer
- Aspley based office – Work close to home and save the commute.
- Full-time Permanent position with a well-established, positive and supportive work culture.
- An attractive salary package (commensurate with your experience and qualifications) including a bonus structure, will be offered to the successful candidate.
If this role sounds like the NEW CHALLENGE you’ve been looking for, please submit your application (CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role) now!!
Please note that only applicants meeting the position criteria will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Thank you in advance for your interest.
DLA Partners is a growing firm of accountants and advisors located in the Brisbane CBD with Head Office on the north side of Brisbane. We are looking for a strong administrative support person for our growing CBD office. This role provides all-round general Administration and PA support to the team. You will be responsible for a wide range of duties from scheduling appointments, diary and calendar management, monitoring various checklists and WIP lists (BAS/IAS, ITR lodgement deadlines, QBCC, Tracking Workflow), through to processing fees, company statements, and standard corporate compliance changes (change of address, office holders, transfer of shares), along with ATO and ASIC Lodgements and communication, client correspondence and payment plans, and Reception work.
We’re looking for someone who understands quality, accuracy and good communication skills. Your previous experience within a Professional Services firm will be utilised when effectively dealing with your daily priorities…..and reprioritising when new work is thrown at you from various angles.
We’re looking for someone with initiative, attention to detail and a flexible common sense approach who enjoys variety, and is willing and able to take on any task that is required. The role offers variety and long-term stability.
Your skills and experience:
- Min 2 years demonstrated experience in an Administration/ PA role where record keeping and accuracy were essential (with a stable track record).
- Previous experience within a Professional Accounting Firm will be HIGHLY REGARDED.
- Strong customer service skills, ethical standards, confidentiality, and sense of loyalty – MATURITY.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Experience as a PA – calendar management, booking client meetings, checklist monitoring, etc.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to use common sense and initiative.
- Ability to provide support to a team of professionals and to prioritise effectively.
- Understanding of the importance of deadlines and ability to meet them accordingly.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook.
- Experience with dealing online with ASIC and ATO will be advantageous.
- High level personal presentation.
- Excellent team and big picture focus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly and to work autonomously.
What’s on Offer:
- An exceptional opportunity to join a team focused, Accounting and Business Advisory firm with strong culture and values.
- A salary of $50K-$55K (including Superannuation) will be offered dependant on experience and qualifications.
If this role sounds like the challenge that you’ve been looking for, please submit your application (CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role) now to email@example.com
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.
Being a key member of your team, you will report to the Team Manager and play an active role in mentoring and developing Junior/Graduate Accountants.
Key requirements of the position include:
- Preparation of Financial Statements, income tax returns and business activity statements
- Assisting with identifying clients needs, business planning, structure, compliance, problem resolution, taxation planning and advice
- Review files of undergraduate accountants
- Liaise with clients and ATO
- Assist and participate in providing in-house training
If you would like to be a part of the DLA Partners team, please apply today.
Are you looking to kick start your career?
Would you like to work for a progressive firm that offers extensive training, development and one-on-one mentoring for their staff?
DLA Partners is committed to delivering outstanding financial solutions to assist our clients to grow their businesses. We have a reputation for providing personalised services that go beyond compliance. For nearly 30 years we have built long-standing, professional client relationships and take pride in the level of service we deliver.
With a head office on Brisbane’s north side, and a growing CBD office, DLA Partners is expanding to accommodate the growth in both our client base and the number of tailored services we offer.
Our firm places importance on quality work and quality customer service. We enjoy teamwork and offer career progression for our staff.
A career with DLA Partners would give you access to: –
- Support and mentoring through the CA or CPA programs;
- Flexibility to finish your degree while working;
- Working in a supportive team environment with one-on-one mentoring;
- Ongoing training and development in accounting, tax planning, comprehensive business advisory and leadership skills;
- Opportunities to gain experience in a wide range of innovative accounting software packages
- Developing practical skills in managing a diverse portfolio of clients and workflow efficiency.
If you are motivated and enthusiastic to begin your career, don’t miss this opportunity to become part of the DLA Partners team! Send your resume and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role now to:
The Office Manager