Most of us aim for work-life balance but get derailed when everything gets busy. The benefits far outweigh the difficulties though, and we think that there are a few tips below that might help at any time of year. Just imagine if in December you look back on the year and any one of the five habits below has made a positive difference to your life and business. It would be worth it, right?
- Take holidays– Holidays are great for allowing you to reset your thinking and refresh your mind. Encourage your staff to do the same, this is great for team moral!
- Stay healthy– This is sometimes easier said than done, but it makes a huge difference to how you feel both at work and in your personal life. Keeping healthy will help your mind cope with the stresses and pressures of running a business.
- Learn to delegate– Many hands make light work! Your business will run smoothly and efficiently if you delegate to the right people and let them get on with it.
- Get regular medical check-ups– It can be difficult to see the signs of being overworked when you’re too busy concentrating on all the things you need to get done. Regular check-ups will keep your mind and body in check.
- Switch off– At the end of the day, when you are on holiday and on the weekend, learn how to switch off properly. This can be hard when we’re all so easily contactable, but switching off your emails on the weekend is a good place to start!
Running a small business can be rewarding but also overwhelming – with early starts, long days and often no weekends. If you are feeling the strain, we can help by ensuring you have the systems in place to reduce the paperwork and by assisting you to focus on your goals and priorities.
Please get in contact if you’d like to chat further.